Employment Law Attorney Los Angeles, CA
The team at Levine Law Firm, APC is ready to go head-to-head with California employers and assist you with an array of employment related concerns. If you believe your employer has engaged in illegal activity, then it may be time to contact Levine Law Firm, APC for a free consultation. Often times, employers willfully violate an employee’s rights, but sometimes employers are simply negligent when it comes to the array of California and Federal laws governing workplaces. Some of these potential violations include varying forms of discrimination, sexual harassment, wrongful termination and wage and hour violations. If you believe you have experiences these types of wrongdoings in the workplace, contacting our firm may greatly help you. Contact us today for a free consultation.
California State & Federal Laws
California and Federal laws prohibit sexual harassment in the workplace California state law prohibits employers from discriminating against employees for their race, nationality, age, veteran and military status, mental and physical disabilities and pregnancy. Federal law prohibits discrimination for race, nationality, age, gender, and religious beliefs.
California and Federal law also lay out strict laws that may give rise to wage and hour lawsuits. If you believe you are not being paid the current minimum wage, or your employer is not paying you the wages you are entitled to, you may have an unpaid wages lawsuit. You have a right to be paid forever single minute you work.
The team at Levine Law Firm, APC takes on employers on a contingency basis, meaning you won’t pay unless we win. Our team can walk you through your options, and help you take on employers who break the law. If you believe you have been subject to sexual harassment, retaliation, or you have not been paid all of your wages, we are here to provide a free consultation.
Common Employment Concerns
Employment law covers a broad array of workplace issues, including:
- Employer Retaliation – Retaliation occurs when an employer attempts to terminate you or punish you for claims you made regarding harassment, discrimination, unsafe working conditions, or illegal activity at work.
- Sexual Harassment – Sexual harassment includes repeated sexual undertones or comments at work, unwanted sexual advances by co-workers or bosses, and different treatment at work based on refusing or accepting sexual advances. Sexual harassment can occur in many ways, sometimes obvious and other times in more discreet ways that may go unrecognized by your colleagues.
- Gender Discrimination – Gender discrimination occurs when one gender appears to be getting promotions and other preferential treatment over the opposite gender, or one gender is treated better or worse in the workplace compared to another gender. The law protects people of all gender identities equally in California.
- Ageism – Ageism is one of the most commonly overlooked form of discrimination in the workplace. Ageism can occur when people experience negative comments due to their age, or they are treated differently at work based on their age.
- Hour & Wage Problems – Wage and hour violations can occur when you are not paid for overtime, you are forced to work off the clock, or you are not provided meal breaks or rest periods at work. Wage and Hour violations also occur when you are misclassified as an independent contractor when in fact you are en employee, or when an employer classifies you as exempt, when in fact you are not an exempt employee.
Legal Counsel is Available
We are here to evaluate your case and help you understand your rights. If any of these scenarios apply to you, then it is important to document these situation and keep track of what is happening. The team at Levine Law Firm, APC protects employees from illegal workplace conduct and holds employers accountable for their bad acts.